In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
36. The flash of the torch ______ a cobra.
37. He ______ himself a stiff drink before making his statement to the police officer.
38. It was his ______ that led him to penury.
39. Gita was known to be a ______ so nobody entrusted any important work to her.
40. The status was so ______ that people stared at it in horror.