Cloze test is conducted to test candidate’s common sense, knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary.
In a cloze test a passage is given in which there are some blank spaces. Candidate has to fill those blank spaces with the appropriate word from the options given for the respective blank spaces.
How to attempt cloze test?
- Read whole passage before starting to answer any question.
- If you find any answer difficult then you should read next sentences. There may be a possibility that answer of that question is linked to next sentences. So you should read whole passage first and understand the theme of the passage.
- Answer must be given in the context or related to the theme of the passage.
- Common sense should be used to answer the questions.
- Reading habit of candidate can be very useful in this test.
Click on the below links to practice cloze test questions.