In the following questions, the 1st and the last sentences are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence/ passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R, and S. These four sentences / parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence / passage and find out which of the four combinations is correct. Then find the correct answer.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
16. 1. We should plan our leisure carefully.
P. The activity we choose should make us happy.
Q. We should choose some interesting and useful activity.
R. It should increase our confidence.
S. We should then work at it during our leisure.
6. That is the way to be healthy, wealthy and happy.
17. 1. The majority of children world-wide who are out of schools are girls.
P. She marries much later in life and has fewer children.
Q. A working woman spends 90% of her income on the family.
R. An educated woman acquires self-respect and confidence.
S. Child mortality drops and fewer cases of mother die in child-birth.
6. So when you educate a woman the benefits cascade across the society.
18. 1. Architecture began
P. to build their own shelters
Q. on ready-made ones
R. when early people started
S. rather than relying
6. such as trees and caves.
19. 1. People are like potatoes.
P. It is only after potatoes have been sorted and bagged that they are loaded onto trucks.
Q. After potatoes have been harvested, they have to be spread out and sorted in order to get the maximum market dollar.
R. This is the method that all Idaho potato farmers use all but one.
S. They are divided according to size-big, medium and small.
6. One farmer never bothered to sort the potatoes.
20. 1. Rani Padmini was a Rajput Queen.
P. Allaudin Khilji invaded India and reached the gates of Chittor, the capital city of the Rajputs.
Q. But, the Rajputs under Rani Padmini fought like tigers.
R. Khilji attacked Chittor again, and rushed into the fort, only to be stunned.
S. Khilji desired to capture Chittor and its beautiful Queen, Rani Padmini.
6. The Rani and the other women had burnt themselves alive.