In the following questions, the 1st and the last sentences are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence/ passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R, and S. These four sentences / parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence / passage and find out which of the four combinations is correct. Then find the correct answer.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
41. 1. The decade of the seventies.
P. and is a proper field of study
Q. of the idea that
R. women’s literature exists
S. saw a growing acceptance.
6. in most parts of the world.
42. 1. With a chuckle she handed him her machine
P. she opened the lid
Q. and the receivers over her ears
R. which he held, while
S. and attached the wires
6. looking very similar to a wireless operator.
43. 1. Long ago in a Danish kingdom
P. would nightly room the countryside.
Q. then would stalk to the king’s high hall and there
R. who, rising from his marshy home,
S. lived a gruesome monster named Grendel
6. kill as many people as he could lay his hands on.
44. 1. Tourists are flooding into
P. about the dream trip they would
Q. remote parts of the earth:
R. and adventurous people are thinking
S. what used to be considered
6. like to take to these places.
45. 1. Bernard Shaw’s first play was presented in 1892.
P. Then came a series of plays.
Q. It received wide acceptance.
R. It was enacted to a packed audience in London.
S. Finally, in 1905, he emerged as the best playwright with ‘Man and Superman’.
6. Critics hailed him as the greatest playwright of the 20th century.