Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternative.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
Television can be very helpful to people who carefully choose the shows that they watch. It can increase our knowledge of the outside world. On the other hand, there are several serious disadvantages if television. In some countries, people watch the ‘boob-tube’ for an average of six hours or more a day. Many children stare at a television screen for more hours each day than they do anything else including studying and sleeping. Many studies show that people become more violent after certain programmes. The most negative effect of the television might be people’s addiction to it.
1. Television can be useful to people
- If they become violent
- If they follow only a particular programme
- If they get addicted to it
- If they carefully choose the shows that they watch
2. What do children of some countries do more than studying and sleeping?
- playing with friends
- relaxing at home
- watching television
- fighting with each other
3. What do the reports of many studies reveal?
- People are becoming fat, always sitting in front of the T.V.
- People are neglecting their work because of T.V.
- People become more violent after certain programmes
- People are watching all the programmes
4. ‘Boob-tube’ means
- A programme
- A colour tube
5. The worst effect of Television is that it
- affects their mind violently
- can be very boring
- makes people addicted to it
- is making people lazy