Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternative.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
Every child is born, with some inherited characteristics, into a specific socio-economic and emotional environment, and trained in certain ways by figures of authority. I inherited honesty and self-discipline from my father; from my mother, I inherited faith in goodness and deep kindness and so did my three brothers and sister. But it was the time I spent with Jallaluddin and Samsuddin that perhaps contributed most to the uniqueness of my childhood and made all the difference in my later life. The unschooled wisdom of Jallaluddin and Samsuddin was so intuitive and responsive to non-ver-bal message, that I can unhesitatingly attribute my subsequently manifested creatively to their company in my childhood.
I had three close friends in my childhood Ramanadha Sastry, Aravindan and Sivaprakasan. All these boys were from orthodox Hindu Brahmin families. As children, none of us ever felt any difference amongst ourselves because of our religious differences and upbringing. In fact, Ramanadha Sastry was the son of Pakshi Lakshmana Sastry, the high priest of the Rameswaram temple. Later, he took over the priesthood of the Rameswaram temple from his father; Aravindan went into the business of arranging transport for visiting pilgrims; and Sivaprakasan became a catering contractor for the Southern Railways.
1. What qualities did the speaker inherit from his mother?
- Honesty and faith in goodness
- Honesty and deep kindness
- Emotion and self discipline
- Faith in goodness and deep kindness
2. Who were the speaker’s close friends in his childhood?
- Jallaluddin, Samsuddin
- Sivaprakasan, Aravindan, Lakshmana Sastry
- Aravindan, Ramanadha Sastry, Sivaprakasan
- Jallaluddin, Samsuddin, Ramanadha Sastry
3. What made the speaker’s childhood unique?
- The teachings of his mother
- The teachings of his father
- The time spent with Jallaluddin and Samsuddin
- The company of his three close friends
4. What kind of environment is a child born into?
- An inherited and emotional environment.
- A specific socio-economic and emotional environment.
- An honest and self-disciplined environment.
- A specific socio-economic and honest environment.
5. Who was the high priest of Rameswaram Temple?
- Ramanadha Sastry
- Lakshmana Sastry