Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternative.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands consist of mainly two groups of islands, with distinctive features of the original residents – Negroid and Mongolese. It is strange to see how these two different groups migrated to these islands so far from the mainland – from India and Myanmar. The aboriginals found in these islands are the Jarawas, Sentinelese, Onges, and Shompenites, mainly found in Andaman and the Nicobarese in Nicobar. Of these the Nocobarese in general, and some of the Onges, have accepted the so called modern civilization and learned the use of modern tools and facilities.
They can be seen frequently in the Port Blair market. The aboriginals are looked after by the Anthropological Department of the Government, who make regular visits to their islands and supply them with food and other necessities.
These aboriginals still do not know how to use a matchbox and prepare fire by rubbing two pieces of wood; they also do not know the use of cloth. If the people from the Anthropological Department offer those clothes, they use them only as turbans and not to wrap their bodies.
1. Original residents of Andaman and Nicobar Islands are
- Negroid and Mongolese
- None of them
2. The so-called modern civilization has been accepted in general by
- all the aboriginals
- the Nicobarese
- the Jarawas
- the Onges
3. The original residents migrated to the islands from
- Sri Lanka
- India and Myanmar
4. The Jarawas, Sentinelese, Onges and Shompenites are mainly found in
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Port Blair
5. The aboriginals are looked after by
- the Government of India
- the Anthropological Department of the Government
- the Tourism Department
- some NGOs
6. The aboriginals are still ignorant of the use or
- matchbox and cloth
7. If clothes are offered, the aboriginals use them as
- None of these
8. The aboriginals prepare fire by
- rubbing two pieces of stone
- using a matchbox
- using gas lighter
- rubbing two pieces of wood
9. Find out a word which means ‘to cover’.
10. Find out a word which is the antonym for ‘usual’.