Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternative.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
An old man with steel-rimmed spectacles and very dusty clothes sat by the side of the road. There was a pontoon bridge across the river and carts, trucks, and men, women and children were crossing it. The mule drawn carts staggered up the steel, bank from the bridge with soldiers helping to push against the spokes of the wheels. The trucks ground up and away heading out of it all. The peasants plodded along in the ankle deep dust. But the old man sat there without moving.
1. What was the old man wearing?
- Steel-rimmed spectacles
- An old shirt and pant
- Very dusty clothes
- Steel-rimmed spectacles and very dusty clothes
2. Mention those which crossed the bridge besides human beings.
- Mules and horses
- Men, women and children
- Carts and trucks
- Soldiers and carts
3. Who were helping to push the mule drawn carts?
- The villagers
- The horses
4. Where was the old man sitting?
- In the cart
- Over the bridge
- By the side of the road
- On the banks of the river
5. Why was he sitting there?
- To admire the natural scenery.
- To watch the people passing by.
- Because he was so tired that he couldn’t go any further.
- Waiting for somebody.